Wednesday, May 20, 2015

33 Things About Me on my 33rd Birthday...

So I decided to share a little about myself for my birthday this year...so here are a few things about me that you may or may not already know...happy reading!!

Some of my favorite quotes/scriptures that have gotten me through:

1) "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

2) "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never   forget how you made them feel." ~ Maya Angelou

3) "Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith." ~ Steve Jobs

4) The older I get, the more I value kindness above all else. There is a Plato quote I have tried to live by for years: Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle."

5) "Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." ~ Bob Marley

6) "Remember who you are and Whose you are." ~  My Mother

7) "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

8) "For I am convinced that neither death not life, neither angels nor demons, neither present nor the future, nor any powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." 

9) "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." ~Maya Angelou

10) "Where there is no struggle, there is no strength." ~ Oprah Winfrey

Some things I've learned along the way:

11) Be nice. The world is a small town.

12) A broken heart hurts worse than a broken bone. And you will survive both....I promise.

13) Everyone is worse than you and better than you in some way. You can learn something from everyone.

14) Sometimes it's just your turn to be that girl/guy. Laugh it off!

15) The only real things in life are attitude and perspective. The same thing can happen to multiple people but its's each of their attitude and perspective that changes the impact, effect and aftermath.

16) You cannot control anybody else's action. You can only control your response to them.

17) A delay is not a denial.

18) Often, when you think someone has an issue with you, or you are wondering what you did wrong, it's really about them and has nothing to do with you.

19) Common sense is not common.

20) When I've been in overwhelming, upsetting or emotionally draining situations and feel like I'm drowning, I find it helps to connect with people outside of the situation (friends I haven't seen in a long time for example). I am reminded that although what I'm dealing with seems enormous, it only impacts me, and I'll get through it. There's more to life than solely what's happening to me at that moment.

21) Love is a decision, not a feeling.

Some people I am grateful for:

22) My parents - My E-very-thing! Without you I would be nothing! You have allowed me to grow at my own pace and have been there to pick me and put me back together every step of the way. Your unconditional love for Michael and I is overwhelming. You have sacrificed and given so much of yourselves to ensure that we succeed, we have no choice but to do just that!

23) My brother- My Heart. You know me better than I know myself and you remind me of that as often as you can, lol. Your amazing ability to always tell me like it is regardless if I want to hear it or not keeps me grounded. You inspire me so much with your drive and focus, once you go for something you always seem to get it or something better. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for you in all of your future endeavors. I want to be like you when I grow up!! Love you snookums!!

24) My Friends - You know who you are: those people who I can text in the middle of a meltdown for consoling, who always make me laugh even when I don't want to, who remind me of how far I've come, and those of you who check me when I an swerving out of my lane...I adore you all! They say friends are the family you get to choose and I thank God for blessing me with such amazing family.

25) Associates- We may not be the closest, but just knowing some of you has made a a big impression in my life. Thank God for social media keeping us all connected and able to sneak a peek into each other's life every now and then.

26) Evidence of God's Hand in my life- God has turned every test I have had to face into a testimony. I can write on an on about what He has brought me through to become the woman I am today. One of my favorite sayings is, "...But God," because with Him I know that all things are possible. He may take us through some valleys along the way, but its all for a purpose...He's preparing you for greatness...step into it...claim it...it's yours!

Goals/Promises to Myself:

27) People will come and go in life, but the person in the mirror will be there forever so Be Good to Yourself. 

28) Travel more...I recently renewed my passport and I intend to fill it up with stamps...we got to see some world ya'll.

29) Let go! So simple, but soooo hard for me sometimes.

30) Pay it forward...whether it be through participating in charitable events, mentoring, or just being a listening ear for someone who needs it.

My Hopes and Prayers:

31) In the words of the late Maya Angelou "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.

32) I thank God everyday for my family, my health, my trials, my success, my tears, my laughter. Everything which make me and matures me.

33) I pray that we all make it some way, somehow! I pray that God will provide every need for each and everyone of you and that you will always find a reason to smile. Life is not easy, but stay patient and trust your journey!

.....That's it!




Thanks for reading! (Much Love to all of you that made it to the end! Lol :-)

Love,
Me xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment