Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Real Thing In Stereo....

If you really know me, you know that I am a HUGE Jill Scott fan, her songs have basically been the soundtrack to my life. My highs, my lows, she has been a constant presence, encouraging me to Live My Life Like Its Golden, reminding me I'm So Blessed, encouraging me to take A Long Walk, Slowly and Surely, and that I need to be The Real Thing and Let It Be...I could go on and on. Let me not forget Womanifesto....no words for that one....google it if you don't know!!!

I'm an undercover introvert and a fake social butterfly. Most people that have encountered me have no clue who I really am. I have REAL issues trusting people, male and female the same. If I haven't known you for over 10 years, just assume that you don't know the REAL me. I am a complicated melody that you may have a hard time learning, but once you do I will become your favorite song. I have so many layers, like an onion. Don't worry I am not gonna peel each layer back in this first entry. I love to write, so I hope to stay committed to this blog...but these day me and commitment have not been exactly seeing eye to eye. But I need an outlet, one bigger than my old notebook that is jammed with poems, songs, stories....falling apart at the seams.

So this is the REAL thing in stereo, I got a little highs, I got a little lows, follow this melodic flow, I can make you shine, I can make you glow. Yea, I know another Jill line...but seriously this blog is gonna be all me, bare bones, stripped down to my birthday suit. Being this vulnerable is foreign to me, but I will try my very best!! No expectations, no regrets is the way I live my life these days....everything else is fracklenackle BS as one of my honorary big sisters reminds me on a weekly basis. Every day I am learning how to be a better me and I will try to give you a peek in on the lessons I learn.

I have to share Womanifesto with you....



I am not all the way there yet, but I am on my way and enjoying the ride. Whether I take the scenic or direct route, its gonna be a funny, wild, and exciting one, kinda like me! U ready?? Hold on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment